Sunday, January 9, 2011

Menu Plan January 9 - 14

I'm happy to report that we did pretty well on our meal plan last week.  Monday was the last day of our vacation, so we ended up going out for dinner.  That meant that I didn't have time to make chicken and dumplings (I like to make it from scratch, which is quite the production using the recipe I use).  So we had a roasted chicken instead, and didn't have the chicken paprikash.

I did make it to the butcher's, so we're stocked up on meat for the rest of the month.  I accidentally bought three pounds of "bacon hamburger", their name for ground pork, instead of regular hamburger, so I have a little more flexibility in our meat selection.  I already made a pound into breakfast sausage, using this recipe.  It turned out wonderfully!  Love that it has so few ingredients and I know exactly what's going into it.  I'm looking forward to trying out some other recipes from that site, too. 

Here's the plan for this week:






Sunday:  Pad Thai
Monday:  Pineapple Chicken
Tuesday:  Spaghetti
Wednesday:  Potato and ham soup - or maybe scalloped potatoes and ham.  We'll see what I feel like making...
Thursday:  Meatloaf
Friday:  Something involving kielbasa...I need to explore some recipes.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Have a great week - and remember to visit orgjunkie.com every Monday for hundreds of fabulous menus!

No comments:

Post a Comment