Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan January 23 - 28

Last week's menu didn't go quite as planned.  I am happy to report that I did FINALLY make the chicken and dumplings, which has been appearing on the menu for months now, but somehow never made it to the table.  It's an extremely time-consuming dish (takes about three hours if I start with a whole chicken), which probably explains that!

Thursday we were supposed to have bean and rice casserole, but I needed to make it Wednesday night and completely forgot, so we had leftover meatloaf instead.  Friday we were supposed to have jambalaya, but I just didn't feel like it, so we had kielbasa and cabbage

Sometimes I look at our menu and marvel at how little processed food we eat these days.  Other than the occasional ingredient such as a can of soup or veggies, most of what I cook is from scratch.  Don't get me wrong, we're not gung ho real foodies, additive- and dye-free or anything like that, and we still eat boxed macaroni and cheese for lunch sometimes (almost always Annie's) but it's been a loooooong time since I broke open a box of Hamburger Helper or those horrible all-in-one boxed meals I used to make after a long day at work.  Our schedule just isn't conducive to convenience like that these days. I think we're better off because of it.



Anyway, here's what's on tap for this week.

Sunday:  We went out to Chevy's (loving their cheap guacamole Sundays!)
Monday:  Buttermilk Chicken
Tuesday:  hamburger casserole
Wednesday:  chicken enchiladas
Thursday:  spaghetti
Friday:  bean/rice casserole (the one I didn't make last week!).

Hope everyone has a great week!  And don't forget to visit Menu Plan Mondays at orgjunkie.com for tons of fabulous menu ideas from families all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment